Whale Swim & Watch
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hervey Bay, QLD
Hervey Bay Dive Centre is taking whale watching to a whole new level.
Our all inclusive whale watch and swim day cruise departs Hervey Bay daily from July - October.
Guest numbers are strictly limited (max 12) making for a personal and fun day on the water.
This exclusive experience is an incredibly special opportunity to swim with one of natures most majestic mammals, the Humpback whale, a curious, gentle and trusting creature.
- Swim with whales when conditions permit*
- Guaranteed sightings or free return ticket
- Personal encounter with strictly limited numbers (max 12)
- Wetsuits and snorkelling gear provided
- Light lunch, snacks and coffee provided
- Courtesy transfers
What to bring:
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Warm jacket
- Camera, GoPro etc
- Your towel and swimmers (please wear your swimmers under your clothes)
- Departs: 8:30am
- Check-in: 30min prior to departure
- Location: Hervey Bay Dive Centre Office, Boat Club Marina, Urangan
Each sighting is different and every whale swim unique and personal. People that have swam with whales often describe the experience as "life changing".
Our cruise maximises your opportunity to swim with the whales whilst providing an exclusive whale watching experience. Swimming with the whales is conditions dependant and we can only do so with the right whales and at their terms.
For the whales comfort we only snorkel with them as they're not keen on bubbles. We provide you with a wetsuit and snorkelling equipment. The swim experience takes place via a mermaid line connected to the stern of the vessel.
Our boat, M.V. Utopia
- Type: Power-cat (catamaran)
- Capacity: 12 guests + 2 crew
- Facilities: Cabin, full-size toilet
- Viewing: Water-level viewing deck
- Length: 10 metres
- Speed: 20 knots (max 32)
- Power: 2x 225Hp outboards
- Wheelchair access: No