Underwater Scooter Tour
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hervey Bay, QLD
This tour is for you if you want to unleash your adventurist spirit into the wonder of the underwater world. This experience is awesome fun, safe and you will be leaving with a guaranteed smile.
This is as mild or wild as you want – dive below the surface for a close encounter of the marine kind or cruise on the surface if that suits you better.
You’ll experience amazing marine life whilst our experienced fully qualified PADI Dive Instructors and Dive Masters and crew are on hand to assist you to have the most fun with the scooters imaginable.
The tour starts with a short boat ride from Urangan Harbour aboard MV Arcadia to one of our popular marine spots; from there you will be inducted in the safe and proper handling of the scooter and snorkelling techniques and once we are satisfied that you are good to go we will then take you on a tour and a wee bit of an adventure. We utilise the currents and conditions to ensure the tour in enjoyable and not a too much of a chore.
The tour generally operates Monday to Sunday from December 2020.
Private charters are available on a negotiated rate.
FITNESS AND EXPERIENCE
- Great for all levels of fitness however we do conduct an evaluation for the safety of all concerned.
- Suitable for basic swimmers to advanced swimmers..we have buoyancy aids to assist all levels of swim competency
- Suitable for ages 16 to 75.... younger children are most welcome aboard however an adult must be supervising at all times
- NOTE: All tours operated by us are Alcohol free.
- The beautiful scenery and pristine western beaches of the largest sand island in the world Fraser Island, Big Woody Island and Round Island.
- Local wildlife including Dolphins, Turtles and maybe an elusive Dugong.
- Scooter, Snorkel, Swim & Play in the Great Sandy Straits
- Morning/Afternoon tea & coffee with all day snacks
- Expert commentary on the marine wildlife, local reef and Fraser Island landmarks
- All equipment
WHAT TO BRING
- Swim attire & towel
- Sunglasses, hat & sunscreen
- Sense of humour
Our Vessel - MV Arcadia
We operate a comfortable 12m Cougar Cat with 360 degree walk around lower deck and flybridge. Vessel water access via Swim Stairs or ladder. We also carry all the latest safety equipment which is kept in tip top condition.
Your skipper has logged over 100,000nm on the oceans of the world and not only brings a high level on competency to the operation of the vessel but also will fill your day with tales from all his ocean adventures.
Our hosts supporting the skipper for your cruise are highly skilled aquatic adventurers in their own right and hospitality experts.
Departs from: Boat Club Marina, Urangan
Check with us for a daily departure time..
Note: Route, destinations and snorkelling subject to change without notice, due to tides and weather conditions. Aquatic activities such as snorkelling, swimming and paddle boarding cannot be guaranteed and dependant on conditions and at the skippers discretion.